In a nutshell, we were told that:
- We shouldn't use automatic rice cookers because they have an aluminum pot which is bad for you and can cause Alzheimers. Aluminum can be found in antiperspirants also which should be avoided. (I knew about the antiperspirant, but I don't think Mom will give up her rice cooker.)
- Don't eat raw meats (No sashimi, etc.)
- No shellfish
- Get rid of your silver fillings because it has mercury in it.
- Don't do root canals. (I forget why. Why do you think I was taking this course? I forget stuff!)
- Don't chew gum because it releases the toxins from your fillings.
- Don't dye your hair because of the toxins in the chemicals.
- Don't eat Hawaiian GMO papayas; especially avoid Rainbow (or the Sunrise or Strawberry type) papayas. Kapoho or Kapoho Solo is supposed to be good. Check out this Hawaii Papaya Industry Associaton website.
- Don't use microwave ovens.
- Avoid alcohol.
- NO diet colas because of the aspartame. No lite yogurt either for the same reason.
- Avoid sugar.
- Avoid food additives, caffeine, fast food, etc.
- Avoid cellphone use and especially Blue Tooth because of the brain cancer threat.
- Avoid water in Ewa, Kunia, Wahiawa, Mililani. (Sorry you guys out there. Toxins in your water. I thought we all drank the same water.)
- Stay away from Morton type salt. Use only sea salt.
- If you're an A or B blood type you can be omnivorous. However, if you're an O, you should be vegetarian.
- Avoid Dead water. She recommended a book by Masaru Emoto about water. She said to especially avoid Kirkland water. However, before you start praying over your water and such, you should read this article I found called, Is Masaru Emoto for Real?
- Drink lots of water! (I'll try to do better.)
OK... so now I'm more paranoid than I was before, but I took a few calming breaths and listened to the rest of her lesson which was about acupuncture points. I found those more helpful and the reason why I was there in the first place.
I've already told my mother and Art where to press to reduce their blood pressure. I'll be checking to see if anything happens after a few days.
After the class, Joanne and I went to dinner at Bravos which was great. We did drink quite a bit of iced tea which does have caffeine in it; no aspartame though.
We didn't have dessert so avoided the sugar and all in all, pretty much just had a rollicking good time.
Heeeey.... she didn't say anything about chocolates! Phew!