I've decided to do something different this year. Art's not with me 100% on this because he's an old military guy. He doesn't like to be "late" with things.
However, I'm saying we're not exactly late. We could consider it early since I'd be sending it out in January.
Here are my reasons:
1. People would have more time to read the New Years newsletter because they wouldn't be inundated with holiday cards. They'll be more relaxed and could really concentrate on my sweet little KC's photo.
2. I would know who sent us cards and could make sure I reciprocated correctly. I don't have to worry. "Should I send them a card since it might obligate them to send us one?" "We didn't receive a card from them last year. Does this mean they wanted to stop sending cards?"
3. If relatives or friends ask us questions I could respond in the January newsletter.
4. I'll be able to include photos of our family arriving in December in our newsletter.
5. I don't have to worry about making a mistake and writing Happy Hanukkah instead of Merry Christmas or Happy Diwali or Happy Kwanzaa.
6. I could include our holiday gifts thank yous with the New Years newsletter and save 44 cents on the stamp, or did they raise the price again? Who me? Cheap? Noooo... I'm just trying to help the mail carrier from having to make two trips. Don't you think?
So there you have it! My excuses.... I mean... reasons for doing a New Years card this year... I mean next year.
What do you think?