Friday, January 2, 2009
Painfully Honest Scrap "Award"
Lisa of The Butterfly Farmer tagged me for a Painfully Honest Scrap Award. I'm supposed to come up with 10 things that are painfully honest. Therefore, here are 10 things I'll share... painfully...
1. I think I suffer from agoraphobia. I don't enjoy leaving my safe nests. It takes a bit of resolve for me to get myself out of my comfort zone. I married a guy who is the opposite and drags me around the world. We raised our children to not be like me.
2. I hate driving. I did drive to work and to some places within my boundaries but now that I've retired, I never drive. A good friend of mine even composed a song for my school retirement party about my not doing any left turns. Again, we raised our children to not be like me. They drive EVERYWHERE!
3. I love ice cream. I mean, really. Mint chocolate chip, dark chocolate, melon... Yum! Sigh... but I can't have it very often since I am pre-diabetic.
4. I hate needles. I don't enjoy pricking myself to check my glucose levels AT ALL. However, I'm more than willing to prick somebody else to check their blood levels.
5. Which brings me to my next thing. I hate to exercise and yet I must to keep my glucose under control. It's always my resolution for the new year.
6. I love meeting people and having friends but I'm not very comfortable going to a party if I don't know people there. I'm actually extremely introverted at heart although some people might disagree. They might even say I'm bossy... but don't believe them even if they come up with arguments to prove it.
7. I love creating art but I'm not good at it. My brother managed to get all the artistry genes and the good teeth genes and the patience and goodness genes. I loved sewing but I'm not great at that either.
8. I'm a blogging fiend. Unfortunately, I haven't read a book in months.
9. I loved teaching. I loved the children and their parents. I loved all the teachers and staff at school. They were my second family. However, I hated the paperwork and constant pendulum like shifting of teaching pedagogy. Still, it was such a high to see children blossom so beautifully every year.
10. I hate spiders. Yes, I suffer from Arachnophobia, too. I can't stand to even look at photos of them. Snakes don't bother me though. Gosh! I sound like a whimp, hunh?
So there it is! I won't be sending this award forward to anyone but if anybody would like to pick this up, please do and I'll check out your painful honesty.
Here are the rules:
"The honorees are to:
A) First, list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!
B) Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the "Honest Scrap."