Well, it's Monday and the to-do list on our white board was long.
1. Make appointments with the optometrist.
2. Change the names on the electric and water bill. The electric rates in Hawaii are totally ridiculous! It was front page news today... but that's fodder for another blog posting.
3. Call our contractor and cabinet salesman. Hmmm... and that's more fodder for another posting.
4. Buy a wireless router, black & white laser printer, office chair and order doors for our house (11 of them).
5. Drop off gifts at my aunt and uncle's house.
Happy to say we finished our list. HOWEVER!
Here's the BAD part...
We ordered the same 9 doors as 2 years ago when we were building the 2nd floor and they cost a little over $700.00. Today, (granted we added two more bi fold doors and changed some to louvers) it cost us $2,400.00 minus a $200.00 discount at Home Depot. The reason we had to reorder them was the container our doors came in 2 years ago had a fire and our doors were burned and smoke damaged. There was no time to order new doors then because we were leaving. Excuse me... don't you think that's a bit excessive???
Anyway, we also stopped at Lowes to check out their inventory and saw these lovely shower trees. In Hawaii, you always look for trees to park your car under. This must be the season for shower tree flowers because they were gorgeous.
Art just put my office chair together from Office Depot and although it felt comfortable when I sat on the display model, I'm now feeling a bit of a lump on the seam of the seat. Arrrghhhhh... ah well. Mom is letting me use her cushion. I'll be OK. Anyway, after the busy day Mom had a great meal. It's different from what we normally eat in the Midwest but delicious. That's a Cambodian squash called kabocha, fried saba (mackerel) and hijiki (seaweed) & mushrooms. Mom says it'll keep us healthy. I just love having her cook for us.