Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Just thought I'd share some fun traveling tips.
1. Bring a small wash cloth for Europe. I rarely find more than bath towels in European motels.
2. If you carry medicines, be sure to note the dosages.
3. (Got this from Budget Travel) Pack a power strip to recharge all your electronic equipment such as laptop, battery recharger, etc. That way you only need one adapter.
4. Pack a photo of your check in luggage in your carry-on bag in case they lose your luggage. I took a photo of our luggage just before leaving for Amsterdam and it helped to show them what our bags looked like when it got misplaced.
5. With my poor memory, I ALWAYS carry a tiny notebook in my tiny backpack to write notes so I'll remember what I see.
6. If you do use a backpack instead of a purse be sure it can't open from the outside. I must really look like a doofus because pick pockets always target me. (For Dina) I just uploaded a photo of my tiny backpack with the back opening that I use for traveling and everyday.
7. If I'm on a tour, I bring a few tip envelopes so I don't have to look for them.
8. Not to be paranoid but I make a list of what I'm bringing and which bag/luggage I have it in juuuust in case they lose it.