Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Blessings to Treasure
I once heard that writing 5 wonderful things that happen to you each day would lift your spirits and improve your overall mental health. Then I saw Olga's blog listing three happy things that happened in her day. It's motivated me to list the happy things I am blessed with.
* My family is a my miraculous foundation. My husband is as perfect for me as ever I could have dreamed of. My daughter and son have "survived" childhood and their teenage years to be amazing adults who make us proud and joyous. My granddaughter is the light of our eyes. She amazes us, makes us laugh, and is a wonder to watch.
* I'm not in pain at this moment. No back, shoulder, tooth, anything pain. You often don't appreciate how wonderful this is until you are suffering.
* I have a home, food, clothing. My needs are met.
* I can walk, talk, smell, see, hear, feel, taste, laugh.
* Our country is not wracked by war although it is involved in one, sadly.
* Spring is here. I didn't need my winter coat today.
* My doctor wrote me to say he figured out the insurance difficulties I was having. It's fabulous to have a doctor who cares.
* We had some delicious Pad Thai for dinner. Our granddaughter had some of the noodles making her hands, face and everything she touched slippery.
* The smell of the rain outside is more fragrant than any perfume you could buy.
* My granddaughter's cheek against my own is soft and smooth as silk.